Expired on: Jan 26, 2023
The role is responsible for revenue processing, client billing, managing claims to both the outsourced clients and creditors on a timely and accurate basis, ensuring that such claims are within budget, duly approved, VAT and withholding tax are correctly accounted for, and the transactions are correctly recorded. The role is also responsible for providing timely, accurate, relevant and reliable management information as per Finance Management Policies and Procedures
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- University graduate level in Accounting or Finance.
- Enrolled, part or fully qualified in accounting profession with a recognized institute (ACCA, CPA, and CIMA.)
- Knowledge of IFRS and Ugandan tax legislation.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in spread sheets and accounting software.
- 2 years working experience in a Finance related role.
- High integrity and strong character.
- Attention to detail
- Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem solver with strong analytical and numeracy skills.
- Proactive self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Industry knowledge of finance and consultancy
Key Result Areas
- Extraction of monthly Trial Balance for TASC and submission to the Chief Finance officer to allow preparation of monthly management accounts by the 5th day of every month.
- Prepare billing instructions for TASC clients for the delivery of services
- Responsible for Issuing of Proforma invoices and all claims on a timely basis and ensure they have gone through the relevant approval process and within agreed service levels and ensure they are duly recorded in the correct entity.
- Regular updates of income stream through account reconciliation of project accounts; company expenditure, income etc.
- Conducting Revenue analyses against budget, tracking of exceptional approvals, and contribution to the budgeting process.
- Organized filing of documents on receivables for easy retrieval.
- Regular monitoring of company working advances to ensure that they are recovered within the stipulated period.
- Verification and filing of all documents related to accounts receivables in the finance department.
- Reconciling the cashbook e.g., on monthly basis for prudent reporting
- Doing bank reconciliation and updating management as may be required from time to time.
- Regular issuing of updated monthly statements to clients by the 3rd of the subsequent month
Communications & Working Relations
- Head of Business Unit for day today reporting and approvals.
- Head of Business unit for managing revenue streams, updates on invoicing, billing and claims and budgeting among others.
- Client for Service Level Agreements and day today feedback.
- Banks for invoice financing, payments and reconciliation.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kampala
Sorry! This job has expired.