As a food business owner, training manager in the catering industry, or general manager, you are obliged to build and nurture a workplace where safe food handling practices are incorporated into your standard operating procedures. You have the responsibility to protect your customers from harm — but it’s also just common sense for your business to want to deliver the safest, best quality food to your patrons.
By law, all Food Handlers must be adequately trained in food safety. The best food manufacturers, processors, restaurant chains, and hotels operating at world-class standards require you to have sufficient knowledge and training in food safety and there is no better way to prove this than with a certificate. By training and certifying the Food Handlers in your business, you are investing in the long-term success of your food-related business.
A food safety certificate is awarded to Food Handlers of all kinds (chefs, servers, dishwashers, food business owners, etc.) after they complete a food safety training course. Some of the areas you can expect to cover include;
- How to properly cleaning and sanitizing all surfaces, equipment, and utensils
- How to maintain a high standard of personal hygiene
- Get a better understanding of your legal obligations with regards to food handling
- How to store, prepare and cook food correctly with regards to temperature, environment, and equipment
- Gain an understanding of food allergies, food intolerance and how cross-contamination occurs
- Get a professional understanding of how food poisoning can occur and how to keep customers safe from harmful bacteria
By training and certifying yourself or your employees, you will protect your customers and your business from food safety hazards and the serious consequences that come with them. You also save time that would have otherwise been spent monitoring and correcting employees.
Get certified today, wherever you are!
The Training, assessment, and skilling center makes it possible for you to complete the online food safety course in less than a day and receive your food safety certificate within minutes of passing your exam. All you need is a computer or smartphone with a good internet connection and camera and you are good to go.
For more information about TASC’s online food safety course, or to enroll now, CLICK HERE to visit our course page.