HEALTH & SAFETY PROGRAMS
Training & Certification
At TASC, we offer a comprehensive suite of training and certification in health, safety and environmental management. We educate individuals and companies to help them improve their knowledge and skills, reduce risks, make workplaces healthier and safer for everyone and improve long-term success.
LEVEL 2 INTERNATIONAL AWARD IN FIRE SAFETY
This qualification is aimed at anyone involved in the management of fire safety in any workplace including managers, supervisors, team leaders, fire wardens (marshals) and staff working in any area where there is a potential risk of fire.
Learners gaining this qualification will know that fire safety is the responsibility of everyone in the workplace and will recognize the consequences of a fire in any premises.
- Understand hazards & risks associated with fire at work
- Understand how fire risk is controlled at work
- Understand principles and practice of fire safety management at work
- Understand the role of nominated fire warden
LEVEL 2 INTERNATIONAL AWARD IN EMERGENCY FIRST AID AT WORK
The Level 2 International Award in Emergency First Aid at Work is a qualification aimed at providing learners with the necessary knowledge, understanding and skills to support emergency first aid in the workplace.
- Understand roles & responsibilities of a “first-aider”
- Understand how to assess incidents
- Learn to manage casualties with normal or abnormal breath
- Know how to recognize and assist a casualty who is choking
- Know how to recognize and assist a casualty with a minor injury
- Know how to manage a casualty who is in shock
LEVEL 2 INTERNATIONAL AWARD IN BASIC LIFE SUPPORT AND SAFE USE OF AN AUTOMATED EXTERNAL DEFIBRILLATOR
This qualification is recommended for learners who wish to understand basic first aid in the workplace and who also have access to a defibrillator.
The topics covered are seen by industry to be important in maintaining good practice in the safe, quick and effective administration of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and automated external defibrillation.
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Be able to safely use an automated external defibrillator
LEVEL 2 INTERNATIONAL AWARD IN EMERGENCY FIRST AID, DEFIBRILLATION & CPR
This qualification has been developed for those who wish to become an Emergency First Aider and use a defibrillator. The topics covered will help to maintain good practice in safe, prompt and effective emergency first-aid treatment of individuals.
- Know basic emergency first aid requirements
- Be able to demonstrate basic emergency first aid techniques in line with current guidelines
- Know how to safely use an automated external defibrillator
LEVEL 1 INTERNATIONAL AWARD IN SAFE MOVING AND HANDLING-MANUAL HANDLING
This qualification is intended as an introduction to moving and handling activities for those starting work, returning to work or who need specific training in manual handling, as well as being a suitable qualification for refresher training.
Learners gaining this qualification will understand that moving and handling must be carried out correctly and will recognize its importance in ensuring a safer working environment.
- Be able to apply safe manual handling principles
LEVEL 1 INTERNATIONAL AWARD IN WORK AT HEIGHT
This qualification has been developed for learners working in any environment who will have a job role involving work at height activities. Topics include; requirements to identify risks and hazards associated with working at height, planning a safe system of work, requirements for the use of correct equipment and following correct techniques when using equipment safely.
- Describe the risks of working at height, how to plan and employ a safe system of work and use the access equipment
- Understand the hazards and risks when working at height
LEVEL 2 INTERNATIONAL AWARD IN FOOD SAFETY
The objective of this qualification is to ensure that persons who are or will be employed in a food business, are provided with the knowledge and skills necessary to produce safe food; to know that food safety is the responsibility of everyone involved in the storage, preparation, cooking service and handling of food.
- Understand how individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety
- Understand the importance of food handlers keeping themselves clean and hygienic
- Understand the importance of keeping work areas clean and hygienic
- Identify the importance of keeping food products safe
LEVEL 2 AWARD IN THE CONTROL OF SUBSTANCES HAZARDOUS TO HEALTH – COSHH
This qualification is aimed at learners who have access to any environment where encountering hazardous substances is likely. This includes workplaces in areas such as manufacturing, cleaning, healthcare, transport, utilities and office environments as well as classroom environments.
- Understand the principles of hazardous substances in the workplace
- Understand how hazardous substances can cause hazards and risks to health within the workplace
- Understand how risk assessments contribute to the safe use of hazardous substances in the workplace
- Understand the precautions and procedures necessary to ensure the risks associated with hazardous substances are properly controlled
LEVEL 2 INTERNATIONAL AWARD IN HEALTH & SAFETY IN THE WORKPLACE
The aim of this qualification is to provide candidates with knowledge of the basic health and safety practices essential in the workplace; to enable learners to work safely, recognize & deal with hazards in the workplace, and ensure awareness of cost-effective, practical control methods. It is applicable for any private or public sector working environment & provides employees with an awareness of their own safety, as well as the safety of customers, contractors and members of the public.
- Understand roles and responsibilities for health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Understand how risk assessments contribute to health and safety
- Know the procedures for responding to accidents, near miss and ill health in the workplace
LEVEL 2 INTERNATIONAL AWARD IN WORK AT HEIGHT
This qualification has been developed for learners working in any environment who will have a job role involving work at height activities. Topics include; requirements for the use of equipment, correctly selecting and using equipment safely and correct techniques when using equipment.
- Understand requirements for the use of work at height equipment
- Know how to correctly select and use work at height equipment safely
- Understand correct techniques to be used when using Work at Height (WAH) Equipment
- Be able to use work at height equipment safely and effectively
LEVEL 2 INTERNATIONAL AWARD IN RISK ASSESSMENT
This qualification is an introduction to the principles of Risk Assessment. It is suitable for learners working in any environment who need to be more risk aware by raising their knowledge of risk in the workplace and basic things they can do to control it.
- Understand why risk assessments are necessary for ensuring health and safety standards in the workplace
- Understand the principles of risk assessment
LEVEL 1 INTERNATIONAL AWARD IN WORKING IN CONFINED SPACES
This qualification has been developed for learners working in any environment who will have a job role involving work in confined space activities. Topics include; responsibilities of individuals, requirements for the use of safe system of work in confined spaces, selecting and following correct and safe techniques for work in confined spaces.
- Understand Health and safety hazards associated with working in confined spaces
- Understand duties of employers, entrants, attendants and entry supervisors
WHY CHOOSE TASC?
A qualification with TASC will open doors for you anywhere in the world for your business as well as for your individual aspirations.
We deliver the EXACT solution needed for whatever critical situation. Our success is mostly attributed to our pertinent solutions.
Ours is not the one-directional transfer of knowledge but rather an empowering, hands-on method guarantees actual learning.