Accidents can happen at home; from minor ailments to more serious injuries. A first aid kit is, therefore, a must in every home because it can help reduce the risk of infection or the severity of an injury. You can easily buy a prepared kit with all the basics you need or gather items, one by one and prepare your own.
Here’s a list of the common supplies that should be in a first aid kit to keep your family safe both in your home and sometimes on the road.
- Plasters in a variety of different sizes and shapes
- Small, medium and large sterile gauze dressings
- Bandages i.e. triangular bandages, crêpe rolled bandages
- Safety pins
- Disposable sterile gloves
- A Pair of scissors
- Alcohol-free cleansing wipes
- Sticky tape
- Cream or spray to relieve insect bites and stings
- Antiseptic cream
- Painkillers such as paracetamol (or infant paracetamol for children), or ibuprofen
- Antihistamine cream or tablets